Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blog Newbie

Ideas? I've got ideas! I'm going to try my hand at this blog thing.

Short bio
Professional: Graduated from Mercer University. Taught for ten years in a Georgia Pre-K classroom. Last year, I was uprooted and went to a public school to teach 4th Grade. There were some adjustment days, but I ended up loving it (I loved my little ones, too).

Personal: I'm getting married 10-04-14 to the man of my dreams (who happens to volunteer 5 to 10 hours a week for my school). Mother to a Jack Russell named Jaxon (never a calm moment in my life).

Hobbies: Reading, creating on the computer, 5ks (getting back into this since I had a year off), and hanging with my fiance'.

Likes: Pink, black, polka dots, vanilla scents, back to school sales, Pinterest, computers, teaching

Strongest area in Teaching: Grouping for differentiation (Social studies/reading/writing)

I am using the summer months to purge my Pre-K items (my apartment is just not big enough for all of this stuff) and start working on my new classroom. This year I intend on using Whole Brain Teaching instead of Class Dojo (CD worked for about a month and then they just did not care). I am also going to redecorate my classroom using a basic color scheme instead of the rainbow of colors that I used last year.

Here's to you, blog world!

No comments:

Post a Comment