Sunday, June 29, 2014

Freebie

My classroom had a lot of interruptions with their need to tell me every detail of their life. In order to cut that down, I introduced a couple of things.

- I created a Note Jar. Students who had to tell me something that was not VITALLY important would write me a note on a Dollar Tree notepad and slip it in the jar. I would check it two times a day. At first, they wrote me thirty notes a day, but after two weeks, it became used for what I intended.

- THINK poster - During whole group lectures, some students felt the need to tell me random stories. I found a wonderful quote online and created a printable. Whenever a student would begin with, "One time my mom...", I would glance over at the poster and they would go, "Oh yeah."  I am giving you this printable for free at my new Teacher Pay Teachers store. Please leave some feedback.


What do you do to cut down on interruptions in the classroom?


No comments:

Post a Comment